Thursday, December 4, 2008

Quick stuff

Wow, December already. Can't believe it's the holiday season, but hey, it's the most wonderful time of the year!! I really do love the Christmas season and all that goes along with the holiday.
I am extremely busy right now and don't like it as much as when I was only really busy. The AD thing is wearing me out but thank God, the worst is over for now. The schedule's complete, first games in the books and the tip-off tournament (which I have to go on) is tomorrow.
Random thoughts:
1. I don't like the whole bail-out idea that government is in love with now. I like checks in the mail but there has to be a limit somewhere.
2. The girls basketball team lost pretty badly this Tuesday and the guys won pretty easily; which should be the story of this season. We'll see. I have to go see a baskeball game in a couple minutes that one of my girls in my youth group is playing in. Will be a daddy-daughter date.
3. I need to decorate my office more than just 200 multi-colored lights hanging askew overhead. But I'm not creative enough and I'm too cheap to really buy a bunch of neat stuff. Hmmmm, youth group decorating committee?
4.Preaching in tomorrow morning's school chapel and using the Casting Crown's song Slow Fade as the introduction. I want tto show the kids that some of them are on their way down the dangerous slope away form God. Using Psalm 1:1 and the story of Lot in Gen as text.
5. Can't wait to watch The Office tonight. I never would have thought I would say it, but I'm hooked on a national TV network TV show. (How embarassing!)
6. Will get back to this blog when I can

No comments: