Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas stuff

Well, I'm feeling a lot better than earlier in the week. I'm getting a lot more colds and stuff and I think it's just life in WV. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Anyway, I'm mostly over the headache, sore throat, and snotty nose and congestion so I'm happy about that. We just had the Christmas program at school last night. It went very well and I guess when you put a little pressure on the kids they actually do better than you expect. As the "spotlight technician" I had the best view of the whole thing and enjoyed my little contribution. Glad it's done though. Today we're having the youth ministry Christmas party at our house. I'm headed out in a second to take Sierra to the church for practice for the church Christmas program tomorrow night and then straight to Walmart to pick up the food and supplies. We'll watch the movie Elf, eat a LOT of good food, play some holiday-themed games, and have a gift exchange. I told the kids to bring a gender-neutral $5 wrapped gift, and then we'll draw numbers to pick the gifts. You can steal someone else's gift but a gift can only be stolen once. Anyway, i think we'll have a good number come so I think the party should be a good one.
Tis the season to be jolly and I actually am in the Christmas mood right now. Can't wait for next week.
Read Luke 2

No comments: