Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ups and Downs

I just started our youth ministry's first discipleship/leadeship program I am callling "Next Step". Our first meeting was last night and I had eight people show up, a pretty nice surprise for me. The teens were excited, if not somewhat apprehensive about what i was doing, but I feel they caught my vision of desiring more leadership in the group and spiritual growth. It was a better than expected start in the wake of a big, disappointing shock I had earlier yesterday concerning another teen and her life choices that she will be paying for big time. Just another example of the roller-coaster ride of ups and downs we youth pastors have.
The new class started well for which i am incredibly thankful, and we'll see if it stays strong. Here's hoping for my teens sake's it does.

No comments: